Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Grief Observed

My name is Robert.
I'm 31 years old.
My wife has been dead for 77 days.
I started this blog in order to provide an outlet for all the things rattling around in my head. I hope that these writings can help me continue further in my grieving process as I attempt to "grieve properly".
I also hope that some of these writings may be of help to you as well, whoever you are reading this. Unfortunately, we all must deal with grief on many different levels throughout our lives. If something I write helps you feel less crazy and/or less alone during your own grief journey, I'm glad I could help.
I'm a Lutheran minister who has always tried to maintain an honest level of transparency during my time in ministry. I don't try to be anyone I'm not, and I try to be very open about who I am. I've tried to treat this grief journey in the same manner. I've been very public and open about my grief, both in person and on social media. Sharing my story has been helpful for me, so I will continue to do so.
This blog may make you laugh and it may make you cry, I will be doing both as I type. I may use colorful language occasionally and I will talk about Jesus fairly often, it's part of who I am.
It is my goal to add a new post at least once a week. I've noted many topics since this tragedy befell me that I'd like to write about, so if I have the goal of one post a week I hope I can keep myself accountable.
A special thanks to all of you who have stuck by me this far, the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment